Fort Lowell Mission Bell

Fort Lowell Mission Bell
Fort Lowell Mission Bell, Tucson, AZ

Sunday, November 24, 2013

What's Old Is New Again

I have been busy learning new things about my embroidery machine.  A few years ago I bought this embroidery CD and just discovered it again.  I had never used  the CD as I was scared that I wasn't familiar enough with my machine.  I have used the machine enough now to "suck it up" and throw caution to the wind....  Each embroidery on this CD has about 38,000 stitches and I was afraid of goofing up in the middle and going through all that thread - which is pretty expensive even though I buy with coupons or on sale at Joanns .  I knew there must be a way to get back to the point of what I thought was no return  but never had figured it out.  I am here to report that there is a way and I found it!  Doesn't mean I will remember it next time, but I will at least be able to figure out the book on it now and it should jog my memory.


 
The first 4 pictures are the embroideries I am doing.
 

 
The first one I did was the Spring house and I used their colors which when stitched out I wasn't exactly crazy about. It didn't look like their picture either.
 Soooo
 
I knew that I could go to their color chart and change to the colors I liked better in my software.
 

 
Their first color was taupe and the 2nd was a  brown. I changed it to greens.
 
 

 
The software opens up the embroidery in 3D so I can take a look at where that color will go.  This all takes some time and I usually just guess, but with so many stitches I had to be more specific.

 
When satisfied I put it on a cruzer and stuck it in the machine.

 
I am 2/3 the way through the embroidery here.  Because there is so much stitching involved sometimes you run out of bobbin thread, the top thread breaks or the needle gets dull (which happened here.)  This was the 3rd embroidery and after 100,000 stitches my needle was tired.  So you have to go back to the point where it screws up. It stitches so fast that perhaps 75 to 100 stitches goes by before the machine tells you there is a problem.  Usually my embroidery doesn't have so many stitches and perhaps I have been lucky but I have never had a problem. Not so this time, lol... I was forced to learn what to do.... I ran out of bobbin thread and the needle wasn't stitching.  I now know how to get back to that point where this happens and fix it.  YAY..... Below is the embroidery in progress.

 
This is the Spring colors that I wasn't that nuts about.  But I will put up with it as I don't want to waste my thread on a new one at 38,000 stitches....

 
I changed the colors in this one and love how it came out.

 
I have yet to finish Summer and haven't done Winter yet but when I do I will use the fabric below and make placemats.
 

 
I haven't decide how I will quilt these as yet but I am determined to learn something new about my machine and I will show you when finished.
 
Happy Thanksgiving All.  Hugs, LJ

5 comments:

  1. I think you've done a beautiful job...I need a machine like this to fill my rainy days with something to do...I know I will mess it up...badly!!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! This just makes my head swim!!! I would never be able to understand it all, you are very sharp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are so cool! It looks so involved and complicated. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to work on these. You've done a great job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They came out beautiful! They will make great place mats. So pretty. I haven't done anything with my program...someday! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried machine embroidery..............but your work makes me want to! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete